The information we collect and where we get it from
We collect most information from you directly when you purchase from our website, when you create an account, when you sign up to receive communications from us, when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you interact with us through our social media platforms or our social networking applications, or at one of our events.
When you visit this site, our social media platforms, or social networking or mobile applications, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies and web server logs.
The personal information we collect and use depends on why we need it. We only collect personal information that we believe we need to use, or that you have agreed to provide us with.
Types of personal information we collect
When you place an order through our website we collect:
- Personal information such as your Name, Delivery Address, Email Address and Mobile or other Phone Number
- Payment information such as your Name, Payment Card Number, Expiry Date, Delivery Address and Billing Address
When you sign up to receive emails from us we collect:
- Your Email Address
When you email us directly or use our contact form, we collect:
- Any voluntarily content you provide us such as details regarding your skincare concerns
- Your Email Address or other Contact Information you provide us with
- The Names and Email Addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact
When you interact with us through one of our Social Media Channels such as Facebook or Instagram
- Content you provide such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications such as your Name, Profile Picture, Likes, Location, Friend List and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications
How we use the information
Most of the personal information we collect is used to process orders that you have placed.
We may also use the information you provide to
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your enquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, prize promotions, programmes, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site or our online advertisements, or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies and web server logs.
Technologies We Use
Cookies and Web Server Logs
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web serverlogs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyse your browsing activities on this site. To exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalised content, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
- In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us at email@example.com
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will consider your request and, as required by applicable, apply your preferences going forward, within a reasonable amount of time. Even where you withdraw your consent, we may still process your personal data for limited purposes, for example, to give effect to your request, or to safeguard our business. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us