Product review: Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop
With 2017 long gone and as we look forward to what 2018 has in store for us, I decided to take a closer look at what skincare trends we can expect to see in the year ahead and how one product is already leading the pack. The Korean skincare industry is the most innovative there is. It’s always developing new products to match the evolving needs of the customer. What I’m noticing amongst our customers and our partners in the industry, is how our society is becoming more conscientious - moving towards products that are natural and simple. We want to know exactly what we’re putting on our skin and I’ve noticed many skincare brands bringing out products with fewer ingredients and focusing on what each active ingredient does. This is particularly important for anti-ageing products - too many ingredients can wreak havoc with your skin. So what serums are natural, simple, and actually help us to reverse the signs of ageing? Well with only 10 ingredients, Klairs have really outdone themselves with their latest product – Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop. This high strength anti-ageing serum delays the signs of ageing by replenishing damaged skin and protecting the skin from external factors.
So what’s in Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop?The two main ingredients are EGF (sh-Oligopeptide-1) and bFGF (sh-Polypeptide-1). These are naturally occurring properties in our skin that stimulate skin growth at a cellular level and work as healing agents. They naturally diminish during our twenties and so the beauty industry is working towards ways to incorporate these wonder ingredients into their products for their anti-ageing benefits. As for the other ingredients in Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop:
- Butylene Glycol – increases the products penetration into the skin and therefore increases the performance of the serum.
- Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract - Blueberry extract means this highly concentrated is packed with an antioxidant punch.
- Sorbitan Sesquioleate – thickens the product and moisturizes the skin
- PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil – acts a skin cleanser
- Chlorphenesin – preserves the serum and maintains the PH
- Guaiazulene – this one is in the Klairs blue suncream and midnight blue calming cream! It reduces redness and calms the skin
- Ethylhexylglycerin – also a preservative that prevents bacteria growing in the serum.
- Adenosine – naturally present in the body, it’s an amazing anti-ageing ingredient that energizes and smooths the skin’s surface